Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running App inventor locally w/o Virtualbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running App inventor locally w/o Virtualbox?

We're setting up another computer to use for coding, and we were trying to set up app inventor to run locally, but I soon realized that the computer we were using doesn't have enough ram to run the VirtualBox server. Is there any way to get the raw files used with the VM to set up a server on another computer without using Virtualbox, or should we use a 3rd party program?

Ed

Take a look at this forum.
    http://ftcforum.usfirst.org/forumdis...ks-Programming

Sounds promising! I am so tired of disconnecting the phone, plugging it in and waiting over and over again. No wonder the cables do not survive.

I will be trying this programming option out this weekend. I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by FTC8708 View Post
      We're setting up another computer to use for coding, and we were trying to set up app inventor to run locally, but I soon realized that the computer we were using doesn't have enough ram to run the VirtualBox server. Is there any way to get the raw files used with the VM to set up a server on another computer without using Virtualbox, or should we use a 3rd party program?

Ed
      Hi Ed,

I agree with FTC10985... If you have limited computer resources, I would look at the Blocks Programming tool. It just needs a Javascript enabled browser (Chrome) and a wireless connection. The Robot Controller serves up the blocks development application. You do not need to install anything on your laptop.

The programming interface is very similar to App Inventor.

Tom

Comment

By the way, it is possible to set up App Inventor to without VirtualBox. However, it is MUCH easier just to use Blocks programming.

Comment

Working...
        X