Samantha Off or Firewalled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samantha Off or Firewalled?

Our team has encountered an error with our Samantha module. It is a new unit and we followed all the instructions provides, but when we try to connect to it via the Samantha FCS application, it cannot connect to the robot and says "6022 at 169.254.7.187 is OFF or Firewalled". The robot came up under the choose menu and is clearly not off... I checked my firewall settings, controlled by Norton 360, and made sure that Samantha FCS had total access. I have no idea on how to proceed from here...

Below is a screenshot of the error:

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Live long and prosper,
    Tyler Thieding

Team 6022
    4th Year in FIRST
    3rd Year in FTC

It appears as though your Samantha isn't getting an IP address. Can you describe your network setup?
    Max Bareiss

FTC #248 Fatal Error (2009-2013)
    FRC #3142 Aperture (2009-2012)
    FRC #1302 Team Lionheart (2012-2013)
    ZRHS #89 Team K├╝hlschrank (2011-2013)
    ZRAC #40 Catcher in the Skye (2012)
    ISR 12: Umptysquatch 6
    Rowan University Baja SAE

And mentoring for life.
    --
    11 seasons of FIRST in 6 years, as a student. Many more as a mentor.

Comment

Where we practice, we have a D-Link DIR-825 router broadcasting both WPA and WPA2 and AES and TKIP. We are using each pair, one as a primary and one as an alternate. When samostat was ran, it gave the IP address http://169.254.7.187/.
      Live long and prosper,
      Tyler Thieding

Team 6022
      4th Year in FIRST
      3rd Year in FTC

Comment

Hi.

From my experience, ip addresses starting with 169.254 generally mean that samantha isn't communicating well with the router (it's a self-assigned ip). What's the router's ip (is it something like 192.168.something.something?)? Also, what's the network name you're on? We've had the best luck using FTC_FIELD as our SSID. You should make sure DHCP is enabled on your router (which it should be by default).

Finally, try power cycling everything (always a good idea) and re-flashing your samantha module, using your network info in both "Samantha Network Configuration" and "Samantha Competition Network Configuration"

Let me know how this works out.

Keep Calm and Carry a Hex Key.
        Basement Lions FTC Robotics Team #4236: Founding Member and Leader
        Space Lions FTC Robotics Team #7890: Mentor (sister team to 4326)

Basement Lions and Space Lions Website

Comment

I just tried using the settings with both configuration utilities, and our network name is T-1. Also broadcasting from different routers in the facility is T-2, T-Tyler, and T-Guest. DHCP is enabled, assigning IP addresses from 192.168.0.50 to 192.168.0.200. There are available IP addresses. I'm against having an unsecured network named FTC_FIELD because of servers on the network that would definable not benefit from having open Wi-Fi...
          Live long and prosper,
          Tyler Thieding

Team 6022
          4th Year in FIRST
          3rd Year in FTC

Comment

From some other people posting on this forum, I would recommend having your own network completely separate from your school network. The Samantha is picky about the hardware it runs on, so if there's as little network hardware in between the FCS and the Samantha as possible, that's best.
            Max Bareiss

FTC #248 Fatal Error (2009-2013)
            FRC #3142 Aperture (2009-2012)
            FRC #1302 Team Lionheart (2012-2013)
            ZRHS #89 Team K├╝hlschrank (2011-2013)
            ZRAC #40 Catcher in the Skye (2012)
            ISR 12: Umptysquatch 6
            Rowan University Baja SAE

And mentoring for life.
            --
            11 seasons of FIRST in 6 years, as a student. Many more as a mentor.

Comment

Working...
            X