Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't connect to Control Hub network after uploading code.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't connect to Control Hub network after uploading code.

Our team has been playing around with our new Control Hub to get familiar with it before the season starts. We have run into an issue with programming it though. We can connect our computer and DS to the control hub after we turn it on, but after we upload new code, test it, and try to upload more code, it says: can't connect to the network on our computer. We have found that sometimes after completely turning the robot off and back on and waiting for it to reboot, then we can connect, but it doesn't always work. All of the software is up to date also. How can we keep our computer connected to our control hub so that we don't spend more time trying to connect to it than we did walking back and forth with phones?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: We have found that by connecting the control hub to the robot with a usb and running adb tcpip 5555, the robot will connect for us to run the code an additional time. After that, we still get a message saying "Can't connect to the network".

Comment

Are you disconnecting the computer's WiFi adapter from the Control Hub's network after deploying? Or are you leaving it connected?

Comment

We are leaving it connected.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonf1204 View Post
          We are leaving it connected.
          Let me rephrase that. We are not manually disconnecting from the Control Hub's network. When we look at our network connections, it appears that it is still connected.

Comment

Where are you seeing the error "Can't connect to the network"?

Comment

Originally posted by NoahAndrews View Post
              Where are you seeing the error "Can't connect to the network"?
              Let me just say the steps that I go through and maybe you can see where I have done something wrong.
              1. Turn on the robot and DS
              2. After they boot up, I go to my wifi connections on my laptop and connect to the control hub
              3. When it says secured, I open a browser and type in 192.168.43.1:8080 to make sure I am connected
              4. Then, I go to command prompt and type in adb connect 192.168.43.1 (I have modified the PATH variables to reach adb)
              5. Next, I go to Android Studio and click run
              6. Usually the code will run 1 time and I will test it and then my laptop disconnects from the robot
              Sometimes running adb disconnect 192.168.43.1 and then adb connect again will fix it temporarily. When it doesn't work, it will say "Can't connect 192.168.43.1". Other times I cant reconnect until I manually turn the robot off and back on and go through the same steps.

Is there a way to hold a connection to the robot so that I can test the code, change a few variables, and then run the code again without having to reconnect to the Control Hub every time?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonf1204 View Post

Let me just say the steps that I go through and maybe you can see where I have done something wrong.
                1. Turn on the robot and DS
                2. After they boot up, I go to my wifi connections on my laptop and connect to the control hub
                3. When it says secured, I open a browser and type in 192.168.43.1:8080 to make sure I am connected
                4. Then, I go to command prompt and type in adb connect 192.168.43.1 (I have modified the PATH variables to reach adb)
                5. Next, I go to Android Studio and click run
                6. Usually the code will run 1 time and I will test it and then my laptop disconnects from the robot
                Sometimes running adb disconnect 192.168.43.1 and then adb connect again will fix it temporarily. When it doesn't work, it will say "Can't connect 192.168.43.1". Other times I cant reconnect until I manually turn the robot off and back on and go through the same steps.

Is there a way to hold a connection to the robot so that I can test the code, change a few variables, and then run the code again without having to reconnect to the Control Hub every time?
                Your procedure looks fine to me. You should have no problem doing back-to-back wireless deploys. I can do it with my Control Hub without issue, so I'm not sure what the matter is in your case.

Comment

Is it possible that your operating system decides by itself to disconnect from the Control Hub's access point because it doesn't provide internet access?

Comment

Originally posted by 4634 Programmer View Post
                    Is it possible that your operating system decides by itself to disconnect from the Control Hub's access point because it doesn't provide internet access?
                    I'm not entirely sure. Do you know of a way to check that? We plan on getting a new laptop soon, so if you don't know how, I will just try it again when we get the new one and post what happens here.

Comment

Working...
                    X