OnBot Java Problem seeing existing Java Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OnBot Java Problem seeing existing Java Class

We have been using Android Studio for a while and we are trying to use the OnBot Java for the first time. We are under the assumption that we can connect with browser and make adjustment to our existing autonomous class without the pain of disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable and phones....

Look like we are successful in connecting with the browser, i can connect with Chrome and it look like i could create a new class with no issues... Problem is that i cant see the existing class on the phone... for example, our red auton... I am hoping I could open the class and work on it while the phone is on the bot.

Are we wrong assuming this and if not, what do ui need to do to see the files on the browser?

Thank you !

Did you "build" your OpMode. Once you build it, it should show up on the menu. Also make sure the Disabled has been removed from the code or commented out. Yes you should be able to work on your opmode while the phone is on the robot. No shuffling of cables or taking phone off.

Comment

The existing java autonomous class in Android Studio was never on the robot controller as a source java file. Android studio was completely building the robot controller application itself and installing the executable APK file only.

OnBot has a way up uploading a java file. Just copy the java files you need out of Android studio and upload them via OnBot.

Comment

How would i do that? DO i need ot export or can i simply copy the java file? then how do you add them using onbot?

Comment

In the top-left corner of the OnBotJava interface, there is an arrow facing towards the top of the screen, you can use that button by clicking on it to upload Java source files into OBJ.

Comment

once i do that, would i have the option to still do android studio and onbot? for example, this afternoon we are planning on tweaking our autonomous, so i am thinking that i would upload the file using onbot for the day.... then tomorrow if i want to go onto android studio, how could i make sure the file i work on using onbot is back into my AS ? can i download and recopied into AS?

Comment

Yes, you'd have to download the Java files and put them back in Android Studio.

Comment

all set ! thank you !

Comment

I'm trying to download java files from REV Hardware Client. I right click the file in OnBotJava, click Download, and nothing happens. Can't find the file anywhere on my hard drive.

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewBrightman View Post
                    I'm trying to download java files from REV Hardware Client. I right click the file in OnBotJava, click Download, and nothing happens. Can't find the file anywhere on my hard drive.
                    Rev hardware Client is not used for this. When you click on the download button a "Save As" box should appear. Navigate to the folder where your Android Studio java programs reside, rename it if needed and save.

Comment

Working...
                    X