Motorola G4 Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorola G4 Play

Previous question #4 in Control has the answer Moto G Play on the phone's about phone Model Number menu item is not legal. In my research the game manual states Motorola G4 Play is the legal model. One set of phones we have has Moto G Play in the about phone model number. When I plug it into Android Studio it is identified as model XT1609.
    In this wiki page
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moto_G4
    The model XT1609 is listed as a Moto G4 Play.

The next time Play is used is at the G6 level. My guess is that since the G4 Play was the first and only Play model at the time, its designation model on the phone is Moto G Play.
    My belief is that this phone is legal, unless there is evidence to the contrary that I haven't found .

Originally posted by FTC3805
    Subject: Motorola Moto G4 Play vs. Motorola Moto G

Q: Previous question #4 in Control has the answer Moto G Play on the phone's about phone Model Number menu item is not legal. In my research the game manual states Motorola G4 Play is the legal model. One set of phones we have has Moto G Play in the about phone model number. When I plug it into Android Studio it is identified as model XT1609.
    In this wiki page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moto_G4
    The model XT1609 is listed as a Moto G4 Play.

The next time Play is used is at the G6 level. My guess is that since the G4 Play was the first and only Play model at the time, its designation model on the phone is Moto G Play.
    My belief is that this phone is legal, unless there is evidence to the contrary that I haven't found
    A: The Motorola Moto G4 Play may be sold as either the "Motorola Moto G4 Play" OR "Motorola Moto G Play (4th Generation). These are considered the same phone model and therefore both are considered legal. However FIRST Tech Challenge highly recommends that teams purchase either model number XT1607 or XT1609, as these are the US versions that have been tested and are fully compatible with the FIRST Tech Challenge software. Teams that have purchased phones with model numbers XT1601, XT1602, XT1603, or XT1604 may continue to use these phones as legal, however there is a potential for issues with these phones not being fully compatible with the software. We will continue to test these phones and make sure to publish findings as we have test results.

Updates to the Game Manual Part 1 will be posted shortly to reflect the above information.

Comment

Working...
    X