New Motor Controllers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Motor Controllers?

Tell us more about the new motor & servo controllers? What kind of improvements do they have over the HiTechnic controllers? More channels? Tuneable PID?

New Motor Controllers?

Hi. Just by looking at the initial diagrams that they have released, it looks like they will be using Anderson PowerPoles to connect to the motors. They will also be connecting to the power module by USB. Looks like the same amount of channels but no built in way of daisy chaining the power from one to another. As for anything else, the only improvement I see is the USB connection and the anderson powerpole connectors. Apart from that, they will probably release more information at a later date.

Comment

I hope their connections to encoders work well with both the tetrix encoder cables and the andymark encoder cables.

Comment

Where are these initial diagrams of which you speak?

Comment

Originally posted by FTC8811 View Post
          Where are these initial diagrams of which you speak?
          In the Tech talk video there were some diagrams that might have documented this (I can't double-check from my current location, whether the diagrams in that video do in fact reflect the wiring as stated)
          FTC6460 mentor (software+computer vision+electronics), FPGA enthusiast. In favor of allowing custom electronics on FTC bots.
          Co-founder of ##ftc live chat for FTC programming--currently you may need to join and wait some time for help--volunteer basis only.

Comment

As of yesterday that video is showing that it has been deleted by the user. I'm not sure where to find it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by FTC5501 View Post
              As of yesterday that video is showing that it has been deleted by the user. I'm not sure where to find it anymore.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuZiDPa8Rjk

Comment

Working...
              X