Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New power module compatibility with legacy motor controllers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New power module compatibility with legacy motor controllers?

Hey guys, Me again. Anyway, I was in charge of getting the new tech to work. So, in the midst of doing that, I had to connect our Tetrix motor controller to the new power module. The only problem is that the connections for the power look like they are made for a specific type of adapter or plug. The wire I have are just normal wires, and are too thin to stay in by themselves.
    Cheers,
    Electonic

Originally posted by Electonic View Post
    Hey guys, Me again. Anyway, I was in charge of getting the new tech to work. So, in the midst of doing that, I had to connect our Tetrix motor controller to the new power module. The only problem is that the connections for the power look like they are made for a specific type of adapter or plug. The wire I have are just normal wires, and are too thin to stay in by themselves.
    Cheers,
    Electonic
    It took me a few reads, but I'm thinking you've never seen the Anderson Power Pole connectors before?

Is that correct?

And .... you were trying to push the power wires from your legacy motor controller into the power feed connectors on the Core Power Distribution Module?

Bottom line, wire screw connectors are GONE GONE GONE... thank goodness, and have been replaced by Anderson Power Pole connectors (that MANY teams have been using for the last 4 years)

If you are going to connect your legacy controllers (motor and servo) to the new system you will need to invest in some connector kits and a crimping tool.

Go Here to get started.
    http://www.powerwerx.com/anderson-po...pole-sets.html

Purchase a 10 or 25 piece set and a crimping tool.

Also get some 16 gauge zip wire if you'll be running new wire.

http://www.powerwerx.com/wire-cable/...-zip-cord.html

As for specific instruction on how to wire the legacy controllers to the new hardware.... I'm not sure if this is spelled out in the training material, but it should be... so hopefully somone at FIRST will see that there is a need for this.

Phil.

Comment

ok Phil. That is exactly what I wanted to know. Sorry if I didn't make it clear.
      Cheers,
      Electonic

Comment

Working...
      X