MR Color sensor detects more Blue even on the RED half of beacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MR Color sensor detects more Blue even on the RED half of beacon

We received our color sensors today. Using the sample program, we tested the beacon colors. It detects blue, but for the red half, it still reads more blue than RED!
    Did anyone else try it? We have to go even real close to the beacon- like 1 inch. We did put the red tape inside the beacon on both the ridges separating the halves.

We are a rookie team, please let us know if you have tried the MR color sensors and if we are doing something wrong.

One of our kids tried it and found that turning off the led allowed it to tell the difference between red and blue even through the translucent plastic.

colorSensor.enableLed(false);

Because the shell is white, I think the led causes it to reflect more light from the led than it absorbs from the leds that are inside the beacon.

Comment

Thanks! That really helped.
      I am surprised at the lack of documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by FTC9908 View Post
        Thanks! That really helped.
        I am surprised at the lack of documentation.
        FTC provided an OpMode example called MRRGBExample.

Comment

Thanks much, it works now. The program documentation suggested that you turn it on just so the operator knows the sensor is working. The documentation on MR site made us realise that it has to work in passive mode for the beacon and active if detecting tape on the floor. Thanks again for helping.

Comment

I think the MRRGBExample turns it back off later in the code. But you are correct that this good be documented better.

Comment

Working...
            X