Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Propose subforum on Legacy Module and its use with HiTechnic controllers, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propose subforum on Legacy Module and its use with HiTechnic controllers, etc.

Like many teams, ours is using the new CPDM and Legacy Modules but with all "old technology" downstream; that is, HiTechnic DC Motor and Servo Controllers. One thing I've noticed are Forum postings about configuring software and initializing run-time opmodes with this old/new mix of components. The latest FIRST manuals and How-To documents are well-done at bringing teams up to speed with all-new electronics but pretty quiet about our kind of hardware. I've searched for problems and solutions using only "legacy module" as a search term and got 6 pages of results.

So, I suspect there is enough interest in problems with this kind of mixed system to warrant an additional subforum on this topic.
    Thoughts?

Originally posted by Eulerfan View Post
    Like many teams, ours is using the new CPDM and Legacy Modules but with all "old technology" downstream; that is, HiTechnic DC Motor and Servo Controllers. One thing I've noticed are Forum postings about configuring software and initializing run-time opmodes with this old/new mix of components. The latest FIRST manuals and How-To documents are well-done at bringing teams up to speed with all-new electronics but pretty quiet about our kind of hardware. I've searched for problems and solutions using only "legacy module" as a search term and got 6 pages of results.

So, I suspect there is enough interest in problems with this kind of mixed system to warrant an additional subforum on this topic.
    Thoughts?
    That sounds like a great idea, because it gives Legacy Device users (especially motor controllers) a specific place to go and look/ask for help.

Phil.

Comment

Working...
    X