Failure to install 3.5 Driver Station causes problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to install 3.5 Driver Station causes problems

I recently download the V3.5 FTC SDK. My first step was to try installing the 3.5 Driver Station app on a ZTE Speed phone using android debug bridge (adb) from my MacOS system. I first uninstalled the existing Driver Station app (V3.4).

Next, I set my default directory to the 3.5 docs/apk folder then issued my adb command resulting in this error:

>adb install FtcDriverStation-release.apk
    * daemon not running. starting it now at tcp:5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    adb: error: 65544-byte write failed: Undefined error: 0

adb reports progress at 99% completed then issues the above error.

I then tried to reinstall the 3.4 Driver Station app and got the same error.

I tried this same sequence on a second ZTE phone and got identical error results.

Does anyone have a suggestion what I might try to resolve this issue?

Here's a follow up to what I've recently posted. I discovered that my macOS system can no longer maintain an adb connection to the Android ZTE Phones. I can work with adb for a few seconds then I get a "connection refused" error. To reestablish a adb connection I disconnect then reconnect the cable and it will work for another several seconds before getting the "connection refused" error. This is problem is consistent on the 4 ZTE androids that I tried. I did recently update to macOS 10.12.6 Sierra.

Comment

Does that also mean that you can't build and deploy the RC app (using Android Studio) from the same machine? (since it also uses ADB)

Comment

I found the resolution to my problem with a reboot of my macOS system. With the reboot I can now get a reliable USB connection to the ZTE Speed Phones. I assume that my problem was related to the macOS USB driver somehow getting corrupted. The interesting part of the problem was that I could establish a USB connection but would then loose connection after a few seconds. When in doubt reboot!

Comment

Originally posted by emeflag View Post
          I found the resolution to my problem with a reboot of my macOS system. With the reboot I can now get a reliable USB connection to the ZTE Speed Phones. I assume that my problem was related to the macOS USB driver somehow getting corrupted. The interesting part of the problem was that I could establish a USB connection but would then loose connection after a few seconds. When in doubt reboot!
          Hi emeflag,

I something like this a couple of weeks ago when I was helping out at a NH workshop. I had problems with both the ZTE speed phones and also a pair of Moto G phones. I also think somehow the USB driver on my Mac had been corrupted. I ended up power cycling the laptop and uninstalling the apps from the phones and power cycling the phones too. eventually everything worked again reliably. it was weird.

Tom

Comment

Working...
          X