Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Failure to install 3.5 Driver Station causes problems

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Failure to install 3.5 Driver Station causes problems

    I recently download the V3.5 FTC SDK. My first step was to try installing the 3.5 Driver Station app on a ZTE Speed phone using android debug bridge (adb) from my MacOS system. I first uninstalled the existing Driver Station app (V3.4).

    Next, I set my default directory to the 3.5 docs/apk folder then issued my adb command resulting in this error:

    >adb install FtcDriverStation-release.apk
    * daemon not running. starting it now at tcp:5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    adb: error: 65544-byte write failed: Undefined error: 0

    adb reports progress at 99% completed then issues the above error.

    I then tried to reinstall the 3.4 Driver Station app and got the same error.

    I tried this same sequence on a second ZTE phone and got identical error results.

    Does anyone have a suggestion what I might try to resolve this issue?


  • #2
    Here's a follow up to what I've recently posted. I discovered that my macOS system can no longer maintain an adb connection to the Android ZTE Phones. I can work with adb for a few seconds then I get a "connection refused" error. To reestablish a adb connection I disconnect then reconnect the cable and it will work for another several seconds before getting the "connection refused" error. This is problem is consistent on the 4 ZTE androids that I tried. I did recently update to macOS 10.12.6 Sierra.

    Comment


    • #3
      Does that also mean that you can't build and deploy the RC app (using Android Studio) from the same machine? (since it also uses ADB)

      Comment


      • #4
        I found the resolution to my problem with a reboot of my macOS system. With the reboot I can now get a reliable USB connection to the ZTE Speed Phones. I assume that my problem was related to the macOS USB driver somehow getting corrupted. The interesting part of the problem was that I could establish a USB connection but would then loose connection after a few seconds. When in doubt reboot!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by emeflag View Post
          I found the resolution to my problem with a reboot of my macOS system. With the reboot I can now get a reliable USB connection to the ZTE Speed Phones. I assume that my problem was related to the macOS USB driver somehow getting corrupted. The interesting part of the problem was that I could establish a USB connection but would then loose connection after a few seconds. When in doubt reboot!
          Hi emeflag,

          I something like this a couple of weeks ago when I was helping out at a NH workshop. I had problems with both the ZTE speed phones and also a pair of Moto G phones. I also think somehow the USB driver on my Mac had been corrupted. I ended up power cycling the laptop and uninstalling the apps from the phones and power cycling the phones too. eventually everything worked again reliably. it was weird.

          Tom

          Comment

          Working...
          X