Help!!! It's not connecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!! It's not connecting

PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I have one week until competition and the robot went wacko(pardon my technical term). Usually, when I turn on the robot, it gives me errors of not being able to read the motor and servo controllers. I could fix this problem by unplugging and re-plugging in the wires. Last meeting; however, it gave me every single error, and nothing I could do would fix it. I unplugged and re-plugged in wires, I restarted the phone, restarted the robot, uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app, but no change! I am at my wits end and I am about to go crazy. Any help welcome.

Start here -
    http://modernroboticsinc.com/Content...ting_Guide.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by patfanman101 View Post
      PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I have one week until competition and the robot went wacko(pardon my technical term). Usually, when I turn on the robot, it gives me errors of not being able to read the motor and servo controllers. I could fix this problem by unplugging and re-plugging in the wires. Last meeting; however, it gave me every single error, and nothing I could do would fix it. I unplugged and re-plugged in wires, I restarted the phone, restarted the robot, uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app, but no change! I am at my wits end and I am about to go crazy. Any help welcome.
      It sounds like you have some bad cables/connectors. You may want to replace some of the USB cables. The most likely culprit would be the USB cable connecting the RC phone to the Power Module since it is plug/unplug very frequently. If you have a different phone, you may want to replace the RC phone in case its connector goes bad. Our ZTE speed phone (Driver Station) finally gave up on recognizing gamepads. We bought new ZTE phones and that seemed to fix the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mikets View Post
        It sounds like you have some bad cables/connectors. You may want to replace some of the USB cables. The most likely culprit would be the USB cable connecting the RC phone to the Power Module since it is plug/unplug very frequently. If you have a different phone, you may want to replace the RC phone in case its connector goes bad. Our ZTE speed phone (Driver Station) finally gave up on recognizing gamepads. We bought new ZTE phones and that seemed to fix the problem.
        I forgot to add, I changed the cord that connects the phone to the robot. I really hope it's not the phone. That's the only phone we have.

Comment

Thanks for your support, through 3805 Mentor's guide, I found the problem lies in the Core Power Distribution Module. I have contacted the company, and I hope the module arrives before our competition next Saturday. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by patfanman101 View Post
            Thanks for your support, through 3805 Mentor's guide, I found the problem lies in the Core Power Distribution Module. I have contacted the company, and I hope the module arrives before our competition next Saturday. *sigh*
            Would you share how you determine the culprit? It would help other teams to diagnose similar issues.

Comment

Sure. I tested another phone, and found that the micro-usb connection worked for both phones. I had swapped out the cable connecting the phone to the robot, that wasn't the problem. Finally, I went through the manual 3805 Mentor gave me. http://modernroboticsinc.com/Content...ting_Guide.pdf . The guide led me to testing the module, and it ended with the manual telling me to contact Modern Robotics because there was an problem with the module. Hope this helps other teams.

Comment

Your link is not valid. Looks like you copy and paste it wrong.

Comment

I'm assuming they had an issue where the P6 light was not illuminating which would make sense why none of the devices were being located by the phone. We had a module go bad but it was out doing since we plugged a battery into it with the connectors reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by mikets View Post
                    Your link is not valid. Looks like you copy and paste it wrong.
                    Sorry, Here http://modernroboticsinc.com/Content...ting_Guide.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by FTC5501 View Post
                      I'm assuming they had an issue where the P6 light was not illuminating which would make sense why none of the devices were being located by the phone. We had a module go bad but it was out doing since we plugged a battery into it with the connectors reversed.
                      The email we got from Modern Robotics, stated that the 5V regulator is broken, and that can be broken by the battery being connected to the module with reverse polarity. That sounds like your problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X