Where do particles land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do particles land

Dos anyone have any statistical data on where particles land when scored through Vortex and/or corners?

Why do you need this data? It varies and dependent on the mechanism design. So any data provided to you will not be useful for your scenario!

Comment

Originally posted by mikets View Post
      Why do you need this data? It varies and dependent on the mechanism design. So any data provided to you will not be useful for your scenario!
      Just trying to prepare for my imaginary perfect world where we were done everything possible and needed to improve time performance

Comment

Originally posted by FTC11722 View Post
        Just trying to prepare for my imaginary perfect world where we were done everything possible and needed to improve time performance
        If you are talking about shooting at the vortexes during TeleOp, then you can't predict it because you could shoot at any positions and distances. If you are talking about autonomous, it is still unpredictable because of the "randomizer hood" underneath did a good job in deflecting the particles in random directions even if you shoot and landed at the same spot in the vortex. Our shooter is very consistent and if we sit the robot in one position and shoot, the particles will most likely land on the same spot in the vortex and it still will land on the ground in random directions.

Comment

Originally posted by mikets View Post
          If you are talking about shooting at the vortexes during TeleOp, then you can't predict it because you could shoot at any positions and distances. If you are talking about autonomous, it is still unpredictable because of the "randomizer hood" underneath did a good job in deflecting the particles in random directions even if you shoot and landed at the same spot in the vortex. Our shooter is very consistent and if we sit the robot in one position and shoot, the particles will most likely land on the same spot in the vortex and it still will land on the ground in random directions.
          I understand randomness of thing. I just wanted to see if there are statistics on hot spots where particles come to rest. If they tend to be closer to Vortex or by the outside wall. If they are by the wall it would be nice to have set up shooter to shoot from that position without too much driving and conversely if particles somewhere near Vortex, it would make sense to set up shooter to shoot from those positions.

Regardless, there seem to be no data and we don't really have time for these nuances anyways. Sorry for wasting time

Comment

If there is one thing FIRST is good at it is randomness, so don't even think about controlling where the particles land .

Comment

Working...
            X