Gyro not behaving properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyro not behaving properly

I'm encountering a strange issue where the gyro appears fully operational, but returns no values. I have tried replacing every component, even the gyro sensor itself, but the same result happens. The gyro will calibrate once, work momentarily, then basically freeze up and never calibrate, nor return data again, regardless of restarting the robot, the phone, or even turning off the robot entirely. The only thing I did differently was calibrate the gyro during autonomous and use it during tele op. Is that the cause? If so, please explain in detail what went wrong

Originally posted by TheFro View Post
    The only thing I did differently was calibrate the gyro during autonomous and use it during tele op. Is that the cause? If so, please explain in detail what went wrong
    If you want to use the gyro in teleop, you'll need to calibrate it in the teleop program.

Comment

So i have to calibrate it twice? The calibration doesn't carry over like a global variable?

Comment

The variables in each opmode are unique and scoped only to that opmode. They are completely separate entities and should each be fully initialized.

Comment

Working...
        X