Issue: OpModestuck in loop(). Restarting robot controller app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue: OpModestuck in loop(). Restarting robot controller app

We were getting "OpMode stuck in loop()" in our last competition randoml with SDK 2.6.1.

I am wondering if this is just SDK 2.6.1 (ftc_app-beta) issue? Should we rollback to 2.4 (ftc_app-master), or go ahead upgrade to 2.6.2 (ftc_app-alpha)?

I hope we are not alone, I've heard teams experienced this issue throughout the tournament.

Code:
        E FIRST   : ### ERROR: System telemetry error: OpMode stuck in loop(). Restarting robot controller app

Originally posted by yjw558 View Post
    We were getting "OpMode stuck in loop()" in our last competition randoml with SDK 2.6.1.

I am wondering if this is just SDK 2.6.1 (ftc_app-beta) issue? Should we rollback to 2.4 (ftc_app-master), or go ahead upgrade to 2.6.2 (ftc_app-alpha)?

I hope we are not alone, I've heard teams experienced this issue throughout the tournament.

Code:
        E FIRST   : ### ERROR: System telemetry error: OpMode stuck in loop(). Restarting robot controller app
    Take a look at your logcat. It might be the USB issue that got fixed in alpha 2.62.

Comment

Curious: when did you upgrade your Modern Robotics modules to v2.0 firmware?

Comment

This is actually our second robot, we repurposed the modules from last year's robot, so the modules were upgraded to 2.0 firmware recently, a month ago, mixed with one or two new modules.

Any issues with module firmware version?

Comment

Hi mike, usb byte sync issue happened a lot on power off. Looking at timestamp, it didn't seem it was the cause for stuck in loop we were experiencing.

Did you team's robot have any stuck in loop issue?

We had one that occurred at the very end of second button pushing in autonomous, a couple more times in teleops.

Seems very random. I really don't know if we could blame on ESD.

We will give 2.6.2 a try.

Comment

Originally posted by yjw558 View Post
            Hi mike, usb byte sync issue happened a lot on power off. Looking at timestamp, it didn't seem it was the cause for stuck in loop we were experiencing.

Did you team's robot have any stuck in loop issue?

We had one that occurred at the very end of second button pushing in autonomous, a couple more times in teleops.

Seems very random. I really don't know if we could blame on ESD.

We will give 2.6.2 a try.
            I wouldn't say we have this issue, at least not now. We may occasionally see "stuck in opmode" but it was usually when the drivers hit something really hard. From our experience, our "stuck in opmode" is usually caused by ESD or USB cable lost connection for a brief moment. At the beginning of the season, we saw that a lot so we dismantled the whole electronics, redesigned the electronics layout, rewired them and the problem is gone since then. So I would recommend you guys examine your cabling and make sure all connections are secured.

Comment

At least one of the occurrences was caused by USB sync issue. I hope SDK 2.6.2 should fix it.

Code:
              01-14 18:47:37.944  9938 10056 W RobotCore: Modern Robotics USB header sync bytes are incorrect
              01-14 18:47:37.945  9938 10056 W RobotCore: [55 aa 80 40 1e] -> [00 00 00 00 00]
              01-14 18:47:37.945  9938 10056 W RobotCore: could not read Modern Robotics USB DC Motor Controller [AL00VKG7]: comm timeout
              01-14 18:47:42.294  9938  9938 I RobotCore: Battery Checker, Level Remaining: 47.0
              01-14 18:47:42.296  9938  9938 I RobotCore: Battery Checker, Level Remaining: 47.0
              01-14 18:47:42.736  9938 10062 E RobotCore: OpMode 'Velocity Vortex TeleOp' stuck in loop(). Restarting robot controller app.

Comment

The USB timing in the v2.0 MR controllers is different than in previous firmware. This difference is the proximate instigation of the problem, which has a perfect storm of underlying issues.

This post has details:

http://ftcforum.usfirst.org/showthre...3755#post33755

The only suggested fix I have is to upgrade to the recent Alpha.

Comment

Working...
                X