Announcement

Collapse

Technology Forum Has Moved!

The FIRST Tech Challenge Technology forum has moved to a new location! Please take a look at our forum blog for links and instructions on how to access the new forum.

https://firsttechchallenge.blogspot....orum-blog.html

Note that volunteers (except for FTA/WTA/CSA will still access their role specific forum through this site. The blog also outlines how to access the volunteer forums.
See more
See less

I'm open-sourcing our Autonomous Configuration Panel activity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4634 Programmer
    replied
    Originally posted by 3805Mentor View Post
    It sounds like your files are in places other than Teamcode. Will it break doing an update?
    That is correct, and yes, updating the SDK will break it.

HOWEVER, I think I'm going to do a 2nd release soon with more options and also attempt to package it as a patch that can be applied by running a batch script (for Windows) or a Shell script (for OSX / Linux). Then whenever you update the SDK, you'd just have to run the patcher script again.

Leave a comment:

• 3805Mentor
    replied
    Looks interesting. I have questions from your link. What happens when you update the SDK. It sounds like your files are in places other than Teamcode. Will it break doing an update?

What we have been doing is downloading the zip and have been keeping the old SDKs. We have had in the past problems updating, so it is easy to just open the older version and keep working, so our method of updating wouldn't work with this.

Leave a comment:

• Alec
    replied
    Awesome App

Originally posted by 4634 Programmer View Post
    I can update it to include a second section for custom-use variables, which could be used for quick PID tuning, and other things like that, if a few other teams would find that useful.
    Awesome App! Very gracious of you to share.

Leave a comment:

• 4634 Programmer
    replied
    I can update it to include a second section for custom-use variables, which could be used for quick PID tuning, and other things like that, if a few other teams would find that useful.

Leave a comment:

• I'm open-sourcing our Autonomous Configuration Panel activity!

In the interest of GP, I would like to share my Autonomous Config panel addition to the robot controller app with other teams.
    It allows you to change what your program does on-the-fly (Assuming that your code looks at the variables it sets)

Visit this page on our website to download it: https://frogbots.net/index.php/auton...uration-panel/

Screenshot:

Working...
X