Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vuforia: ball tracking

Has any one had experience with this?

My team tried. (i played with it independently some too) We found that it was pretty hard to get a scan of the ball, but even when we did we could not find the ball using that scan. Didn't matter the angle - it just couldn't find the pattern.

Went back and scanned another item and that was easier to scan and was easy to find the item later.

I think that the ball just does not have enough detail to be found. I was thinking that the holes would be enough - but they are all ovals and don't have sharp corners. The images used under the beacons have lots of lines (edges in the image) and lots of corners.

Comment

Originally posted by DanOelke View Post
      My team tried. (i played with it independently some too) We found that it was pretty hard to get a scan of the ball, but even when we did we could not find the ball using that scan. Didn't matter the angle - it just couldn't find the pattern.

Went back and scanned another item and that was easier to scan and was easy to find the item later.

I think that the ball just does not have enough detail to be found. I was thinking that the holes would be enough - but they are all ovals and don't have sharp corners. The images used under the beacons have lots of lines (edges in the image) and lots of corners.
      Would you be willing to share your ball scan? If I can figure out how to track balls i will post the code here.

Comment

Working...
      X