Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do we upload our code to our control hub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we upload our code to our control hub?

Our team has just received how control hub and we were trying to get it setup and learn how to use it instead of the two phones. We are able to connect to the control hubs network and access the console, but that is about it. Is there a guide or can someone explain how to begin uploading the code wireless to the Control Hub?

Thanks!

https://docs.revrobotics.com/rev-control-system/

Comment

I have looked through that guide multiple times now and still haven't gotten anywhere. I have updated everything and I am still unable to upload the code. I have tried to connect the Control Hub to the computer via USB and run the code and I get a message saying application failed. Any idea what could be wrong?

Comment

What is the full error message?

You can also email [email protected] for help.

Comment

I just used my own laptop at my home and I found that I can upload a file to OnBotJava and it will upload the code wirelessly. Is there a way I can upload it straight from android studio without having to go to the console every time and finding the files?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonf1204 View Post
            I just used my own laptop at my home and I found that I can upload a file to OnBotJava and it will upload the code wirelessly. Is there a way I can upload it straight from android studio without having to go to the console every time and finding the files?
            You can deploy code from AS wirelessly with ADB over network. With phones you have to first connect to the computer, and issue an ADB command to cause the phone's ADB server to listen on a TCP port, but the control hub does this automatically on port 5555. Simply connect your computer to the network which is broadcast by the Control Hub's radio, and run "adb connect 192.168.43.1:5555". You can then deploy directly from AS.

Comment

Thanks for the help! I got it working on my computer. I have another question related to the same thing though. After I got it uploaded and working, the control hub light stays solid green(never flashes blue) and the console looks different. I haven't seen any issues with this difference, but I feel like something was changed that shouldn't have been. Any ideas what I should do or is it ok to not worry about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonf1204 View Post
                Thanks for the help! I got it working on my computer. I have another question related to the same thing though. After I got it uploaded and working, the control hub light stays solid green(never flashes blue) and the console looks different. I haven't seen any issues with this difference, but I feel like something was changed that shouldn't have been. Any ideas what I should do or is it ok to not worry about it?
                The light staying solid green is a new change in SDK v5.5. Regarding the console looking different, it was also updated in 5.5, so no worries there either.

Comment

Originally posted by 4634 Programmer View Post

The light staying solid green is a new change in SDK v5.5. Regarding the console looking different, it was also updated in 5.5, so no worries there either.
                  Ok, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X