ODS Sensor Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODS Sensor Please Help!

Hi guys, I am creating a last minute autonomous with an Optical Distance Sensor. Here is my question, I have and optical distance sensor, and an color sensor. Do I need to establish the ixc address in the program, or will the code/core device interface module automatically distinguish the two? A quick response would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance.

Unless you have previously changed the address of either sensor, they will not interact. By default, the different types sensors MR sells have different addresses.

Comment

I forgot to mention: The ODS Sensor does not have an I2C address because it doesn't communicate over I2C and therefore will never conflict with another sensor.

Comment

ODS sensor is analog and gets plugged into a different port on the DIM. The Color Sensor is an I2C device but doesn't need to be reconfigured to a new I2C address in your code as you only have one sensor.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I completely understand now, and hopefully my autonomous will work.

Comment

Working...
          X