No announcement yet.

Bulk reads redux; confirming what is and isn't bulkable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the update! Consider this an excellent lesson in why calling close() methods often actually matters.

Comment

Originally posted by zain View Post
      Alan,

I too prefer Opmode. Mostly because for a crusty old MechE like myself it seems like the obvious way to do it. And because it let's me introduce the kids to basic stuff like events, state machines, and measurement and feedback in a clear unambiguous way. And since the first team I had started with FIRST FLL then did Arduino projects with me before moving to FTC, doing things with init() then loop() seemed obvious.
      Nothing says you can't re-implement the "normal" OpMode structure on top of linear

Comment

4634 Programmer - I had a junior programmer that worked for me many years ago that looked quite green in the gills. When I asked him what was wrong, he said "You know how McDonald's has 2 Big Macs for $2. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should...."

This is what I think about implementing a "normal" opcode structure on top of linear..... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by alan_16072 View Post
          [USER="160545"]I had a junior programmer that worked for me many years ago that looked quite green in the gills. When I asked him what was wrong, he said "You know how McDonald's has 2 Big Macs for $2. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should...."
          LOL. Same goes for LinearOpMode... Just because you can use LinearOpMode, doesn't mean you should.

Great book Alan! Thanks for doing your part in rescuing teams from LinearOpMode!!!

Comment

Nothing says you can't re-implement the "normal" OpMode structure on top of linear
            Is it just me or does it actually look like Interatvie Opmode is the "normal" that the SDK was born with, and Linear Opmode is something they kludged on afterward because people wanted something that wasn't quite as event-driven and looked more like the RobotC flow that preceded the switch to Android phones? If memory serves there was just Opmode at first. And then LinearOpmode followed. No?

Comment

Originally posted by zain View Post

Is it just me or does it actually look like Interatvie Opmode is the "normal" that the SDK was born with, and Linear Opmode is something they kludged on afterward because people wanted something that wasn't quite as event-driven and looked more like the RobotC flow that preceded the switch to Android phones? If memory serves there was just Opmode at first. And then LinearOpmode followed. No?
              Yes, that is correct (and very astute considering you are a "non-software mentor").

Comment

Working...
              X