Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like to address Build warning messages

Hello!

I understand that there are higher priorities but the newbie in me would like to resolve the following warning messages if at all possible. Using a fork from the official FtcRobotController repository, I encountered the following messages in the Build output pane:

Code:
    [COLOR=#0033b3]public class [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]FtcRobotControllerActivity [/COLOR][COLOR=#0033b3]extends [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Activity[/COLOR]
    uses or overrides a deprecated API

Code:
    :TeamCode:compileDebugJavaWithJavac
            Supported source version 'RELEASE_7' from annotation processor 'org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.processing.TimeTrackingProcessor' less than -source '8'
    Code:
    Compatible side by side NDK version was not found for android.ndkVersion '21.3.6528147'

I fully understand that these warnings do not affect the results of the Build and that I have used a later set of libraries for Android Studio than those used in the release version of FtcRobotController. I am seeking some "education" on how to address these classes of warnings while understanding that ignoring them is not going to affect the Build results - essentially a request for some training for corner cases. How to interpret the warnings (that is the knowledge that I lack)? Thanks.

Kind regards.
Working...
X