Block Offline Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block Offline Editor

Is there a working offline editor for blocks? I haven't found any examples of its use from searches. I tried to install it via the link when programming the robot controller, but that didn't seem to work. I did save the block files to my computer, but there's no way to open them.

Yes, activate a config file on your Robot Controller phone and then connect to your phone and use your browser to navigate to the main Blocks screen. Click on "Download Offline Blocks Editor". This will download a ZIP file to your computer. Extract all the files in the ZIP file. Open the index.html file using your browser. You are not editing offline. You do not need to connected to your robot controller phone to edit offline.

Comment

Is there any "official" documentation for this offline editor?
      How to manage files - save to (local PC) file/open from (local PC) file/download from robot controller phone/upload to robot controller phone - using the offline editor?

Comment

I don't think there is any official documentation for the offline blocks editor yet.

Comment

I will try to work on this.

Comment

I have posted

Comment

Here's the actual link https://ortop.org/ftc/ftc-team-resou...mming/#Offline

Comment

Many thanks!

Comment

How would one go about creating and modifying the Robot Configuration for offline editing without access to the phone or hubs?

Comment

dwfunk4475

Originally posted by dwfunk4475 View Post
                    How would one go about creating and modifying the Robot Configuration for offline editing without access to the phone or hubs?
                    Like the live version of FTC Blocks, the Offline version contains only the commands needed for the current robot configuration. A typical (single) config file is a much smaller list than every possible FTC device, each requiring its own Blocks code.

In other words, the config is integrated directly into the downloaded Blocks software, and isn't designed to be edited or expanded.

Suggestion for the future: make a config file containing every motor, servo and sensor that your team owns. With this as the Active Configuration, download the Offline Blocks software. Share that zip file with team members for remote programming; they will have all Blocks commands needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X