Cannot Ping or See "About Robot Controller" Information on DS Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Ping or See "About Robot Controller" Information on DS Phone

I am using 5.3 DS app and current 5.3 SDK in Android Studio. Not sure which Control Hub Version I am using as I cannot see that on DS interface. DS.phone is Moto G Play running 6.0.1. I can connect to the Hub with PC and install OpModes. Those that are not disabled in AS do not appear on lists on DS. Ping is returning a value and there is no voltage sensor. The DS appears to have some connection to the Hub as when I change the wifi channel the DC phone loses the connection and then changes the channel to reconnect.

Logcat file from most recent install is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Any suggestions?

Actually, the title is inaccurate - I can Ping the RC.

Comment

Are you able to create a configuration file and see the embedded Expansion Hub Portal?

Comment

Originally posted by RevRobotics View Post
        Are you able to create a configuration file and see the embedded Expansion Hub Portal?
        Can you offer guidance as to how to do that?

Comment

FTC6382 Open DS phone, make sure you are connected, click on 3 dots, Configure and Manage, New, Embedded Expansion Hub, Expansion Hub Portal. Set up your hardware maps and save.

Comment

Originally posted by P0W3R_ZURG3 View Post
            FTC6382 Open DS phone, make sure you are connected, click on 3 dots, Configure and Manage, New, Embedded Expansion Hub, Expansion Hub Portal. Set up your hardware maps and save.
            Sorry - Didn't understand what RevRobotics meant by that. I have tried to scan for the Expansion Hub in DS and I am not getting anything. Message is "The scan for devices on the USB bus failed". I had previously been able to use this Control Hub but it has stopped connecting to DS in the last few days.

Comment

I also connected the hub to my PC via USB C. I am able to see all the internal directories and files, including a previous configuration file. I tried a reset of the hub as instructed in this document under "Resetting a Control Hub". I tried the procedure three times. The last time I held the reset button down for five minutes and never got the multicolored blink pattern. Reconnected via USB C and I see no change from before.

Comment

Originally posted by FTC6382 View Post

Sorry - Didn't understand what RevRobotics meant by that. I have tried to scan for the Expansion Hub in DS and I am not getting anything. Message is "The scan for devices on the USB bus failed". I had previously been able to use this Control Hub but it has stopped connecting to DS in the last few days.
                Can you pull the Robot Log(s) off of the device and send them to [email protected] and reference this thread? Thanks

Comment

Can you pull the Robot Log(s) off of the device and send them to [email protected] and reference this thread? Thanks
                  Just sent. Thanks!

Comment

The "Scan for devices on the USB bus failed" means that you tried to configure the robot while it was still restarting. Wait for the robot to finish setting itself up before opening the configuration screen.

Comment

Originally posted by NoahAndrews View Post
                      The "Scan for devices on the USB bus failed" means that you tried to configure the robot while it was still restarting. Wait for the robot to finish setting itself up before opening the configuration screen.
                      We have experienced this problem after restart of the RC via the power switch. We have waited over ten minutes for the robot to start and this problem still exists. The "Restart Robot" option on the DS phone also does nothing.

Comment

We have experienced this problem after restart of the RC via the power switch. We have waited over ten minutes for the robot to start and this problem still exists. The "Restart Robot" option on the DS phone also does nothing.
                        The problem I was referring to can be avoided simply by waiting until you see the "Robot setup complete" toast message after you turn the robot on or select "Restart Robot" before you select "Configure Robot".

Are you saying that if you start the robot, wait 10 minutes, then configure the robot, it says "Scan for devices on the USB bus failed"?

Comment

Originally posted by NoahAndrews View Post

The problem I was referring to can be avoided simply by waiting until you see the "Robot setup complete" toast message after you turn the robot on or select "Restart Robot" before you select "Configure Robot".

Are you saying that if you start the robot, wait 10 minutes, then configure the robot, it says "Scan for devices on the USB bus failed"?
                          Correct and we cannot restart robot from DS.

Comment

I sent this email on November 17th and I followed up on November 29th. I still have no response from REV on this.

Comment

Have an email thread in REV support around this issue. Believe it is the problem that is documented here: https://ftcforum.firstinspires.org/f...th-control-hub

Similar steps were sent via email as well. Just wanted other teams to know if they are experiencing a similar problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X