Announcement

Collapse

Technology Forum Has Moved!

The FIRST Tech Challenge Technology forum has moved to a new location! Please take a look at our forum blog for links and instructions on how to access the new forum.

https://firsttechchallenge.blogspot....orum-blog.html

Note that volunteers (except for FTA/WTA/CSA will still access their role specific forum through this site. The blog also outlines how to access the volunteer forums.
See more
See less

FTC Live Video Overlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTC Live Video Overlay

I'm curious as how to go about getting the video overlay set up with a camera. I can not find anything in the documentation on how to do it, so is there a setting that I am missing within the program?

Hi esclaegel2019,

If you'd like to do a video overlay with the scoring system, then you will also need some special video overlay hardware. The idea is that you will need special video hardware that can take the output of a scoring display computer (often in HDMI format) and then merge it/overlay it with the output of the video camera.

For the Scoring Display computer you want to select "Overlay" as your display mode. By doing this, the display will show score info at the bottom (or top if you change the Scoring Bar Location setting) of the screen, and fill the rest of the screen with the color selected as the "Overlay Color" (see image at the end of the post).

I hope this info helps. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Tom

overlay.png

overlaydisplay.png

Comment

Working...
    X