Motorola E5 Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorola E5 Go

Can someone tell me if the Motorola E5 Go is legal for the FTC 2020-2021 season? It is listed as MOTXT19218PP which to me is the XT1921, but there are other digits.
    Here are the specifications according to Wal-Mart:
    Specifications
    Brand Motorola
    Cell Phone Type Prepaid Phones
    Cell Phone Service Provider Verizon
    Model Name e5 Go
    Condition New
    Manufacturer MOTOROLA
    Memory Capacity 16 GB
    Color Category Black
    Cellular Network Technology CDMA
    Screen Size 5.20"
    Features No features description available
    Manufacturer Part Number MOTXT19218PP
    Color Black
    Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H) 0.30 x 2.90 x 0.50 Inches

I think you're going to have to ask in the rules forum when it opens to get the definitive answer.

Comment

You'll have to ask in the rules forum. However, in my opinion, it should not be legal, as it runs Android Go, which has significant differences from normal Android, and I'm pretty sure it has been not tested to work with our software. YMMV with this one.

Comment

If the model numbers differ than the ones listed in the Game Manual part 1, then FIRST most likely did not test that specific phone. As NoahAndrews mentioned, there could be differences between similar models that might prevent the FTC software from working properly on an untested phone. In past seasons, we've seen an example where one version of a phone (the Euro/International version of the Moto E4 Play) would not work properly for our application, even though the tested version (the US/North American version of the Moto E4 Play) did.

If possible, I would try and stick to the approved list of phones, since they will have been tested by FIRST to work for the FTC application.

Comment

In game manual part 1, <RE07> on page 30 lists all the legal phones, XT1921 is one of them, so I think this model should be legal.

Comment

Originally posted by NoahAndrews View Post
            You'll have to ask in the rules forum. However, in my opinion, it should not be legal, as it runs Android Go, which has significant differences from normal Android, and I'm pretty sure it has been not tested to work with our software. YMMV with this one.
            Seconded. I'd tend to shy away from this one.

Comment

Working...
            X