X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Regarding PowerShot Scoring

Originally posted by FTC14320
    Subject: <GS13> Illegal Power Shot Scoring

Question 1: I have a question regarding the powershot scoring for both the autonomous and endgame periods. While hitting the base of the powershot structure or hitting 1 powershot at a higher velocity and having others fall with it incur penalties.

Question 2: I was curious as to what the ruling was for if 1 ring were to hit 2 powershots directly, without touching any sub-assemblies, structure, walls, or nets.

We have a mechanism that allows us to curve the rings midair, and with this, we are able to hit 2 powershots in the way described above. I just wanted to clarify, do the points add up to be 15 for each powershot (net total of 30 if a ring directly hits 2), or would it be scored as something else.

Thanks!

The answers that you seek are found by reading rule <GS13> in Game Manual Part 2.

Answer 1: A Power Shot Target that moves to the Scored position without direct contact with a Ring earns 15 points for the Score and it also earns an offsetting Major Penalty for violating rule <GS13>.

Answer 2: Each Power Shot Target that moves to the Scored position due to direct contact with a legally launched Ring earns 15 points and no Penalty is assessed. One Ring directly contacting more than one Ring is legal gameplay.
Working...
X